In Home Care
VPM In-Home Care is funded by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
What is In-Home Care?
In-Home Care supports families who require childcare services where the children are cared for in the family’s own home. In-Home Care is a flexible care arrangement for children from birth provided by an Approved Carer.
Who can I talk to about In-Home Care?
If you are interested in learning more about In Home Care please contact our office and speak with one of our experienced Consultants. VPM Consultants provide support, referrals, training and monitoring services for Carers, parents and their children.
Am I eligible for In-Home Care?
Families who are eligible include those who do not have access to existing childcare services or where existing childcare services cannot meet their needs, and where the family meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The parent(s) work shift work or non-standard hours (hours when no other child care services is available);
- The family lives in a rural or remote area;
- A child at home has an illness or disability;
- One of the parents has an illness or disability that reduces the family’s capacity to care for the child(ren);
- The parent(s) have three or more children not yet attending school.
Families must also meet the Work, Training, Study Test guidelines.
What is Special Childcare Benefit?
This scheme also allows families to access up to 13 weeks with some funding available for Child Care in their home to assist the family during a crisis or an illness of either parent or child. Proof of temporary financial hardship or child at risk must be obtained.
What are the benefits of In-Home Care?
Eligible parents using In-Home Care:
- Are able to access Child Care Benefit (CCB) to assist with the payment of fees;
- Have the comfort and security of the child’s own home as the place of care;
- May be eligible to claim up to 50% in tax rebate quarterly.
- May be eligible to apply for SCCB and government assistance.
How To Register
- Contact our office to discuss eligibility and registration by phoning 03 8386 9762 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Family Assistance Office to apply for Child Care Benefit (CALL 13 61 50)